Thursday, 2 July 2009

Joys of childhood 1



As many of you will already know, each weekend my father - who is 88 - and I go on an expedition of sorts somewhere in our city. I pack a thermos and two collapsible chairs and some biscuits and we are off!

Last Saturday we went to Sydney Park which is in the inner-city suburb of St Peters, a small working class suburb very close to where my father married my mother in 1944.

We spent 2 hours sitting with the sun on our backs, sipping coffee and chatting with everyone who walked past us: whether walking themselves, their dogs, playing with toy planes or pushing a bike. It was a most enjoyable morning. These photos show one reason why. There will be more to come over the next couple of days.

The grin on Dad's face was to die for ... he even sang me three songs: There is a Green Hill Far Away, The Grand old Duke of York, and a recruitment tune for the army!!

Sydney Park, the old Bee-hive kilns, St Peters

15 comments:

brattcat said...

Julie, Julie, Julie, these are priceless.

Steffe said...

Much joy here, both in the text and in the photos!

Joan Elizabeth said...

Wonderful shots with action and smiles beautifully captured. The simple joy has taken me on a ride down that slide with them.

Jacob said...

How wonderful it is that you're able to get out and about with your father!

The pictures are great and yes, they do resurrect childhood memories!

Lois said...

You and your father are so blessed to have these times together! I would love to be able to do that with either of my parents, but they have both passed away. You are making some wonderful memories!

Ann said...

You cracked it with that first one. The expressions on their faces is priceless.

DelBoy said...

Makes me want to leave the office and go home to my kids!

Tash said...

The photos are great, but the time with your father (and your description of it) is priceless. He sounds like a wonderful man.

AB said...

It makes me smile just seeing their photos

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

Great images! I believe the most valuable thing we can give our beloved ones is time.

Sally said...

Precious times indeed. How's the research going!

Julie said...

Research is progressing ... more on your blog.

Bergson said...

i smile too

altadenahiker said...

God, now I remember. Sliding was fun.

disa said...

成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城