Tuesday 7 July 2009

Pyrmont Growers' Market: David smokin'


There is a technique known as "schmoozing" which David here has by the bucket-load. I would have punched this little Chinese lady on the schnozz: she was delicate, she was well-spoken, she was elegant. She asked for honey cured slabs in preference to shavings: she wanted ribs in lots of 4 rather than 8. When he had fetched and wrapped she then told him that she did not want them today; just wanted to see if he could supply what she MIGHT want down the track. Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!! But not our Kaz (David) he just sweetly asked if she was leading him on ...

Eumundi Smokehouse was wall-to-wall customers: one set being my daughter and her husband who breakfasted on an egg'n'bacon roll and bought a bunch of ribs for 'ron. Kaz settled in the big smoke after a sojourn through Queensland which gave him his trading name. He was a delight and is on my list for next month.

7 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks for letting me know about the new Sydney blogger Julie.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Joan Elizabeth said...

I'm so hungry.

AB said...

Cool guy

Lois said...

What a nice guy! He looks like he really does enjoy what he does.

Inday said...

Cool guy! There are not many who can keep their heads cool.

I saw your blog via J Bar. From Sydney West.

Fiona said...

Great shots - makes me feel a bit starving even though I've only just eaten! And service/retail is such a thankless job, definitely teaches one great patience.

brattcat said...

What a guy!