Tuesday 18 August 2009

The travails of moving

Dear Friends and Visitors

The move has gone smoothly and well. The cats are very settled and are able to access the outside at will yet still scamper for safety when necessary. I have one more car load of junk to move from my old house plus a gardenia, a birds nest fern and two nandina domesticas! Then I start the arduous task of cleaning and repair - I have to remove all the hooks and restore the walls.

I have established a morning walk to replace the 40 minute each way walk to work from the previous house. This one is a delight as it mostly weaves around the harbour! I have checked out the nearest pub, nearest coffee shop and had the obligatory inspection by both my children.

Now to endeavour to install an internet connection. Previously I was with AAPT but they were most customer unfriendly on Friday both in manner and in requirements: 10 busiiness days and up to $300 when I already had a dial-tone. So now I am considering both iinet and TPG but in the NAKED-DSL version. I think I can get 50mB download for $49.95 per month.

Will change my licence and registration today to enable me to get a Council Parking Permit to avoid getting booked! I do have some photos but they have been downloaded onto my home computer ... catch 22. I will take some more this evening and download them to my work computer for tomorrow.

Now to earn a living ...

10 comments:

Sally said...

glad all going well.

Anonymous said...

Well, we miss you dammit.

Virginia said...

WEll moving is just pure D hell , but it will all be worth it eventually and it will feel like home before you know it. Good luck with all that internet mumbo jumbo. That is just the worst isn't it? We look forward to you being back with us and seeing your new digs. I can't wait to see!
V
PS Don't forget to purge all the old crap you can live without. Yeah, easy for me to say.

Mirela said...

I'm glad to hear you've settled in and I can't wait to see the photos! Good luck for the ISP hunt...

Hilda said...

Glad to hear you're settling in fine. Good luck with the internet provider.

brattcat said...

Congratulations on getting to this point in your transition from place to place. May the rest of the move soon be a memory as you settle into life in this new abode.

Banjo52 said...

My sympathies. I'm still recovering from my last move, which was 9 years ago. And how can a serious blogger/photographer be without the Net for even a day? Maybe this is what mantras and Zen are for?

By the way, I'm fixated on those playground shots--a month ago? two months?-- with kids "imprisoned" in the red rope play thing. I hope you'll do another series there.

Till then, peace, inner and outer.

Lois said...

Sounds like you are almost there with the moving! You have just reminded me that I need to start walking again.

Lowell said...

Moving is always such a pain, though usually worth it in the end.

Glad to hear that you are getting settled in. And it won't be long before everything is put right and you'll be out looking to take lots more photos!

Julie said...

Thank you, friends for your visit and your kind words.

The internet connection is going to be a long process, so I am working up alternatives to get me over the withdrawal symptoms.