|Paperbarks beside Busby's Pond in Centennial Park|
|The cairn marking the start of the bore, just within the Robertson Road gates of Centennial Park|
|Left: John Busby|
Right: A section of the bore, date unknown
'Busby's Bore' was the water supply for the colony until 1859 when a series of water tanks was established (on the ridge atop Centennial Park at Bondi Junction; on Oxford Street at Paddington; and in Crown Street) to which water was pumped from an extended series of lakes which were consolidated further with the official establishment of Centennial Park in 1888. These lakes were linked up to the more extensive swamplands of the Botany basin for a comprehensive water supply network. The BJ and Crown Street tanks still operate today. The Paddington tank is now the Reservoir Gardens.
|Within in Victoria Barracks there is a vent down to the bore|
|Woolcott's 1857 drawing shows the water flowing above ground through the race-course which is now Hyde Park|
|On the cairn in Centennial Park, the route of the bore is detailed|