Thursday 31 March 2011

Paris Eye 1/30 - Rue de Bourgogne

After negotiating my way out of CdG airport and into Gare de Nord, I then had to grit my teeth and deal with the myriad steps in the Metros. From La Chappelle to Place de Clichy, through Gare Saint Lazare, over the Seine and into my 'local' which is Varenne.

I like my apartment. It is small (yet expensive, for me anyways!) but it is in a lovely area with all daily requirements on the street within 100m. I can see the top of the Eiffel Tower behind the opposite apartments and down the end of the street is the National Assembly.

I meet my first blogger for coffee tomorrow. I am staying in today as I am weary and wobbly on my feet. The last five days have been mega.

15 comments:

Thérèse said...

Have the best of stay in Paris!
Enjoy, enjoy!
Et "bon appétit."

Thérèse said...

I don't know if you have time for this?
Seen on the blog "Invisible Paris."

Dianne said...

Bonjour Julie - So good to know you have arrived safely -those baguettes look delish - enjoy your first petit-dejeuner in beautiful Paris.
Keep safe and well.

Jayne said...

Bonjour, Julie!
Your travels sound exciting, enjoy yourself, mon aime!

Peter said...

Sounds a good spot, in the 7th?

Ann said...

Look forward to wandering Paris with you.

Jim said...

Your shots might revive the travel bug in me again. :)

Julie said...

Yes, in the 7th Peter. One street over from Invalides where Bonaparte is buried. The embassy area and soooo different from my usual down in the Latin Qtr/Sorbonne (4th).

cara said...

Wow what an adventure. You get around, don't you? Have a fab trip. That bread looks glorious.

I love the photo of the Eiffel Tower below. Instantly recognisable yet original.

Jilly said...

Welcome to Paris, Julie. Once you are settled, perhaps we can chat on the phone one day. Send me a private email if you would. Know you are going to have the best time. April in Paris, tra la la.....

Gunn said...

So simple so nice!

Kirsten said...

Mmmmm yum. Alannah and I tried the sour cherry loaf at the Guilfoyle markets today. Delicious.

Joan Elizabeth said...

That bread looks so delicious. I just want to crunch my teeth into it.

diane b said...

Nothing can beat french bread and its crunchy crusts. I can imagine how tired you must be. It's such a long haul and then the mucking around at airports. Hope you revive soon and take Paris by storm. Looking forward to following you around.

TheChieftess said...

Yummmm!!!!