Friday 28 November 2014

Fungi : Mushroom : Toadstool

I am willing to be corrected, but I suapect there is no such thing as a toadstool. Not in the real world. Not in botany. Perhaps in witchcraft or sorcery, there are toadstools. But in the real world, the one in which I live, we have fungi.

Some fungi are mushrooms. Some mushrooms are edible. Some muushrooms are poisonous. I have no idea how to tellthe difference. But, there is no way I would partake of the mushroom in my photo. I found it growing in my back lawn. It breaks down into a black, gooey, ooze.

7 comments:

Deb said...

I think toadstools exist in fairy tales :)

Julie said...

*grin* ... yes, those, too, Debs. Nice to have you on-board.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful textures!

Arija said...

In botany there may not be any toadstools but in biology toads do eave something behind , , ,

Joan Elizabeth said...

Toadstools the baddies, mushrooms the goodies. But this is a totally unreliable and unscientific division. I would not be eating that slimy thing either!

Julie said...

Very good, Arija. I will pay that one ...

Gemma Wiseman said...

Lovely colouring in this fungi. It has a kind of shell-like soft magic.