Monday 24 November 2014

The answer lies in the soil ...

I am not sure what the expression "The answer lies in the soil" means, exactly. I kinda think it means that to solve anything, one needs to go back to basics. I am a gardener, and I adore getting down, and getting dirty. But, the expression has a wider and more general application. Gardening is becoming more onerous, as my balance and vision become more neurologically impacted. What more sedentary activity to replace it with. I adore reading - bought myself Colm Toibin's "Norah Webster" on Saturday - but reading can only be done for about 30 minutes at a time.

So, I went into Lincraft on York Street and bought some wool and needles. Will graduate to crochet early in the new year. Lincraft is a chaotic store that stocks sooo much. And the prices are reasonable, although the quality is not crash-hot.

5 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm finding the garden a bit onerous myself these days Julie, kills my back! What's first on the knitting agenda?

Julie said...

Very simple, Grace. The girls need more blankies for their dollies ...

William Kendall said...

It's quite an imposing facade.

Joan Elizabeth said...

I like knitting but have never really taken to crochet ... I think a wrap for my first nephew was my only project.

I have developed a sort of arthritis thing so decided to give knitting a miss this year but hope to be back to it by next year.

Lindcraft and Spotlight are both somewhat annoying stores. I think the quality is up and down in both places.

There is a great wool shop in York Street for when you move onto more challenging projects.

Julie said...

Yes, Morris & Sons. I have already been pointed in that direction. I shall pop in when next in town.