|Built in 1910, this is 377-375 George Street, Sydney - the "main" street. |
The site was purchased in 1907 by the Union Bank of Australia for £24,000. At that time a large and elaborate three storey commercial building called the Pastoral Chambers occupied the site.
King George Chambers, on the left, was first listed in Sands' Directories in 1912 at 377 George Street with 375 being Pendennis Chambers (the single door on the right. . Initial tenants included dentists, solicitors, exporters, accountants and one firm of architects. One of the tenants in 1915 was the Commonwealth Prickly Pear Exterminating Co Ltd.
King George Chambers is now a McDonalds, and one of the tenants in what was Pendennis Chambers is now a Thai Massage Parlour.