Friday 17 April 2015

Tempe House - serenaded by brass


The 'open" day for Tempe House was really a selling day for the apartment blocks that loom behind the 1836 building. I guess they know their potential clientele better than I. I have nothing against brass bands, and this was a good one. However, I just know that if this sales pitch were to happen anywhere near where I live on the North Shore, they would have engaged the services of a hip recreator of the '50s, channelling Rosemary Clooney, and Patti Page. However, The Kogarah Concert Band swayed me with renditions of music from Disney, and the 1848 barricades.


So, I have bitten the bullet and here show you the tiny, Georgian villa being overwhelmed by Pete Seeger's "little boxes".


5 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Love these shots Julie.

William Kendall said...

I vastly prefer the Georgian architecture to the monoliths.

AsAeenBySusan said...

Is the close up a saxaphone> Regardless, you had me with that photo. Nice!

Gunn said...

I like the top image.
And I love the instrument!

Julie said...

Yes, it is a saxophone.