Friday 8 May 2015

Listen for the feint strains of the "Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves"


I am standing beneath the northern approaches to the Sydney Harbour Bridge, out of the rain. I am working on a series of posts comparing this bridge to two other bridges around the world. The red ferry, which is pretty-much empty, is the "Elizabeth Cook", one of two ferries contracted by Captain Cook Cruises to Sydney Harbour Ferries, to supplement their busy routes. Shall I be generous, and say on this occasion it was repositioning?

4 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful view Julie.

William Kendall said...

I really like how you've framed the Opera House, Julie.

Bob Crowe said...

The opera house and stolid old pylons make a sharp architectural contrast. We heard a performance there when we visited Sydney twenty-something years ago. La Forza del Destino I still remember it.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm not sure which two other bridges you're comparing the Sydney Harbour bridge with Julie but in my opinion they don't stand the ghostly of a chance :)The SHB is a wonder from whichever viewpoint you take it.. I'm going to enjoy this series.