|This building, on Phillip Street at the Quay end, houses some courts of the Industrial Relations Commission of New South Wales which has jurisdiction within the state over industrial relations issues, such as safety, and unfair dismissals.|
|The bust above the entrance appears to be that of Edward VII, the successor to Queen Victoria. This is unusual because the building was erected 1890-1893, prior to the death of Victoria, making Edward still the Prince of Wales, with a reputation as somewhat of a playboy.|
|This building is south of the Chief Secretary's Building which occupies Macquarie, Bridge, and Phillip Streets under different guises. The Industrial Relations building was constructed in the 1890s by Walter Liberty Vernon, who was the Colonial Architect at the time.|
The NSW Office of Environment & Heritage regards the southern Phillip St additions by Vernon as part of the Chief/Colonial Secretary's Building, which had been designed by the previous Colonial Architect, James Barnet.