Tuesday 31 May 2016

Theme Day - Shadow & Highlight


Last weekend, I tramped around beneath the southern approaches to the Harbour Bridge, in an attempt to reproduce the attached 1927 image. I think the photographer had been on the first floor balcony of a terrace behind me to get his elevation. Where I captured the Opera House on Bennelong Point, he captured the Tram Sheds! The icing on the cake for me was the troupe of "Bridge Climbers".

Southern Pillars (1927)(State Records, New South Wales)

This post is my contribution to the City Daily Photo Monthly Theme Day. To see the contribution of other members of CDP please visit the portal.

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

Interesting to compare yours and the period photo. There's a period photo I'd love to reproduce, but it would require access to a building I can't get into here.

You've chosen very well indeed for the theme!

Stefan Jansson said...

Great comparison photos. Would be fun to climb the bridge one day.

Jack said...

An interesting comparison, Julie.

Bill said...

Excellent post! I love the comparison photos.

Loire Daily Photo said...

Love the sails under the bridge!

Nathalie H.D. said...

Seeing the Sydney Harbour Bridge is always a joy for me!

Jo said...

Brilliant reproducing of the earlier photo.

Rob Siemann said...

Good one, Julie!

Tanya Breese said...

i like this a lot...and thank you for the comparison photo!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh too fantastic Julie, brilliant comparison, loved the old b&w shot. I was hoping either yourself or Jim would use my favourite bridge, merci beaucoup and hope to catch up this trip, will email you my mobile number..

Dina said...

Wow Julie your photo has everything!

Merisi said...

Gorgeous sight, great composition!

Bob Crowe said...

Can't have more contrast than that. I love that you got the little opera house between the pillars.

Linda said...

Great contrast! The people looks so tiny!

Joe said...

It is interesting trying to take photographs from the same position as someone else and even more interesting when it when he first one was taken so very long ago.

MurciaDailyPhoto said...

When I have clicked on the thumbnail-link from citydailyphoto.org, I had not expected to find what I can look now. It is a beautiful views from pillars to opera. Great!