|1. Bridge and Opera House|
2. Turning gradually to the south, the Opera House, Botanic Gardens. start of the CBD.
|3. The heart of the CBD, orient yourself with Centrepoint Tower.|
4. Gradually anti-clockwise: the cranes are actually on Garden Island itself.
|5. The end of the CBD, with the mighty hammerhead crane known as Tiny Tim.|
6. Looking south, along Garden Island itself with the handrails of the 110 steps of the tower I was standing on.
|Pause for a breather. Taken from the front of the Opera House later that afternoon, showing the accessible northern section of Garden Island. The rest is Navy land that is off limits. You are looking due East here. The bridge is behind me. Now back to the 360 sweep.|
|7. From Garden Island we look deep into Rushcutters Bay to the see of masts which is the Cruising Yacht Club.|
8. Above the red roof on the Naval Heritage Museum on Garden Island, we see Darling Point which is the greenery in the distance on the right. The greenery in the distance on the left is Clarke Island.
|9. Now we start to sweep across the harbour. Firstly, we see Clarke Island in total.|
10. Then onto Shark Island which I showed you in detail last week.
|11. Across into the deep channel of the harbour and we watch as a Manly ferry chuggs off down and around to the Heads.|
12. Further around the 360, and we are NNW now and in front of us is Fort Dennison.
There should be one more image to link Fort Dennison with the northern pylon of the Bridge - except I forgot to take it due to exhaustion and dizziness!.
Experience more of Garden Island itself from Monday.