Saturday, 18 December 2010

A chaos of creativity


William is a narrow, old street - bordering on a lane - that comes off Oxford Street. It is lined on both sides with rows of terraces. Most, if not all, these terraces are retail or commercial, rather than residential. It is a lane of boutiques designing and selling world class jewellery and fashion, sporting names like Collette Dinnigan and Leona Edmiston.

Let's start with the more prosaic. Here, we have a cobbler's shop and a dry cleaner's shop. Both very fine establishments, I am sure.

4 comments:

Woody said...

I like the eclectic feel of the street. The mural adds an interesting twist.

Birdman said...

I'd love to walk these streets. Quaint, as they say, but I'm game!

J Bar said...

Terrific shoemaker shop. Brings back memories of a shoemaker in Newtown that made shoes for me as a kid.

Joan Elizabeth said...

Makes me think of Mr Hogg the shoemaker in my childhood town ... his shop burnt down.