Monday 6 December 2010

A ramble through Trumper Park


A week or so ago, I introduced you to the cricket field dedicated to the memory of the remarkable Australian cricketer, Victor Trumper. At the moment in this country, we don't like to talk about cricket. So moving right along ...


Trumper Park is not just an oval (see how neatly she side-step the 'c' word!), but rather an area of woodland that follows an ancient stream down into Sydney Harbour. To call it 'woodland' is stretching it a smidge. It is quite overgrown with exotics - but a troop of hardy enthusiasts is working to rectify this. I have walked it twice now, and there is a myriad of highways and byways, between pockets of habitation. This week, I will show you around the park. I will include a Google map, to help orient you. The oval is down at the Glenmore Road end, which is west.

Psst ... note that one of the bails is orf ... reminds me of Adelaide ... oops ...


View Larger Map

4 comments:

Jim said...

Yes, you reminded me of Basil Fawlty: 'Don't mention the war. I did once but I think I got away with it'. :)

Ann said...

Good mirroringn of shapes in the top one. Can't stand cricket.

Joan Elizabeth said...

I can't stand cricket either. Thanks for the map, this is quite a big green space.

diane b said...

Thanks for the map now I know where you are. Don't mention the bat and ball game.