Thursday 12 December 2013

A window on the past [3/4]

Sometimes stepping back enables one to get just that little more perspective on the issue. I read somewhere today that photography is warping the way that our brain stores memories. There are times, like the dance concert in which my grand-daughter performed on Sunday, where I do not even take a camera with me. I just want to see what she does, rather than setting up my fingers, and my eyes, for that preordained, perfect keeper.

Obviously, though, this house is a keeper, being between 80 and 100 years old. Although, I suspect it is like my father's axe, having had three new heads and a dozen new handles!

5 comments:

Jim said...

Love this style.

Bruce Caspersonn said...

That house looks to be very original. I love it. Shame it's a bit close to next door.

diane b said...

I agree about remembering to enjoy scenes with our eyes. I saw something about this on on my son in laws fb page I have put it on my fb page. You'll like it."Man has to watch show with his eyes because he left his phone at home."
The house looks in good shape. Great to see them looked after.

Julie said...

Yes, I live this style, too. I suspect it is not really original, Bruce. There are many businesses that cater to updating Federation houses in an authentic manner. This is all I ask: try to be authentic, or piss off and go elsewhere.

Bruce Caspersonn said...

Everything has a certain life expectancy. If they can patch them up & keep 'em "young",,, so much the better.
I wish I still had the house I grew up in. It was not unlike this one.